EarlyRO Development
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Old SVN VS New SVN

5 posters

Go down

Which do you think is best?

Old SVN VS New SVN I_vote_lcap75%Old SVN VS New SVN I_vote_rcap 75% 
[ 3 ]
Old SVN VS New SVN I_vote_lcap25%Old SVN VS New SVN I_vote_rcap 25% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 4

Old SVN VS New SVN Empty Old SVN VS New SVN

Post  GM Tempura Thu Jan 22, 2009 5:49 pm

A SVN is the subversion of the emulator we'll be using. Our emulator will be eAthena, which is the most common and convenient choice.

There are many features that depend on which SVN version we use (unless one wants to edit code, which I do not plan to do), I have available a new svn as well as an old one that is about 3-4 years old, it's not pre-trans sadly but it's the oldest I could find and I can easily disable the transing quest.

Below is a list of things that are SVN-dependant and the characteristics of old VS new. If you are unsure if a feature is svn dependant ask me and I'll tell you to the best of my knowledge.

NPC, monsters spawns, monster stats, item stats, etc. are NOT svn-dependant those can easily be edited.

New SVN means:
we could use the new client with battle chat
more @commands available (some are not in the old svn)
possibility of adding homunculus *IF* we ever wanted to

Old SVN means:
More faithful to the old skill mechanic, I don't have a ready-list but I remember for example that Bowling Bash did not behave the same in the old SVN.
Closer to pre-trans era.
Old client (no battle chat)
No quest skill for 2nd jobs (close confine, phantasmagoria arrow, etc.)
GM Tempura
GM Tempura
Admin

Back to top Go down

Old SVN VS New SVN Empty Re: Old SVN VS New SVN

Post  SZiaDaN Fri Jan 23, 2009 8:15 am

The biggest problem though that may come with using an old SVN is that you wont have all the newer bug-fixes that they've added.

I can't really name a long list of bugs that were existant then.
However, I do know that some people were able to crash-restart the server, making it possible to duplicate items. Exactly how they did it, or when it was fixed, I don't know.

Apart from that, I really do think that we should be using the older SVN. Some skills became rebalanced due to things such as soul linkers and gears. The @commands and the client isn't really all that important. Besides, it would only make it feel all the more nostalgic with the older client.

As long as we do not see any bug-abusers, I don't think the new SVN will be needed.
SZiaDaN
SZiaDaN

Back to top Go down

Post  Cookie Fri Jan 23, 2009 12:45 pm

SZiaDaN said everything
Cookie
Cookie

Back to top Go down

Post  Neki Fri Jan 23, 2009 12:47 pm

Seems like the new SvN is the best solution to not get tricked by some players that like to go trough the system.

Neki

Back to top Go down

Post  Daeron Fri Jan 23, 2009 3:43 pm

i agreed with SZiaDaN
Daeron
Daeron

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down