EarlyRO Development
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NPC: Reset

+3
Neki
SZiaDaN
GM Tempura
7 posters

Go down

What kind of reset npc?

NPC: Reset I_vote_lcap17%NPC: Reset I_vote_rcap 17% 
[ 2 ]
NPC: Reset I_vote_lcap8%NPC: Reset I_vote_rcap 8% 
[ 1 ]
NPC: Reset I_vote_lcap17%NPC: Reset I_vote_rcap 17% 
[ 2 ]
NPC: Reset I_vote_lcap33%NPC: Reset I_vote_rcap 33% 
[ 4 ]
NPC: Reset I_vote_lcap25%NPC: Reset I_vote_rcap 25% 
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 12

NPC: Reset Empty NPC: Reset

Post  GM Tempura Fri Jan 23, 2009 11:22 am

The Reset npc allows a player to redistribute either his/her stats, skills or both. What do you think is best suited for the server?

Last edited by GM Tempura on Fri Jan 23, 2009 12:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
GM Tempura
GM Tempura
Admin

Back to top Go down

NPC: Reset Empty Re: NPC: Reset

Post  SZiaDaN Fri Jan 23, 2009 11:57 am

Never really liked reset npcs' due to people just leveling up to 99 with their leveling builds, then just change into pvp/woe/forger etc. Takes away the planning and hard work for the really special builds.

Could however have it to limit it to only people below a certain level.

Such as only people below level 50 are allowed to use it.
SZiaDaN
SZiaDaN

Back to top Go down

Post  GM Tempura Fri Jan 23, 2009 12:01 pm

Good idea, added that option.
GM Tempura
GM Tempura
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Neki Fri Jan 23, 2009 12:14 pm

I suggest what I already seen, your allowed to reset ONCE. This make people strongly think about resetting since if they fail on their stats when resetting, they are gonna have to keep them.

Neki

Back to top Go down

Post  Cookie Fri Jan 23, 2009 12:35 pm

For me no resets ... what's the point of a bard lvling up with full agi and dex and then he resets for a really nice WoE build ?? If people enter low rate servers is because they are tired of the easy playing in the super high rate servers ... but maybe you could ONCE ( when you reach lvl 99 ) reset your stats
Cookie
Cookie

Back to top Go down

Post  Daeron Fri Jan 23, 2009 3:30 pm

I vote for a lvl cap, or you can reset at any lvl but just once.
Daeron
Daeron

Back to top Go down

Post  GM Tempura Fri Jan 23, 2009 3:44 pm

If we go for a level cap, what level do you suggest?
GM Tempura
GM Tempura
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Daeron Fri Jan 23, 2009 3:58 pm

something around 60~70 or 50~60
Daeron
Daeron

Back to top Go down

Post  SZiaDaN Fri Jan 23, 2009 4:26 pm

50, as I said in my earlier post. Just because you haven't quite reached job level 40 by then as a first class. You should be around job 36-37. Which means that if you want to have a different build, you'll still have to level a little as a first class with that new build.

This is to prevent people who wants to make forger smiths and monks to use easy level builds as a first class. Sure, they would probably go to level 50 in their level build, but they will have to get the last job levels with their final build.
SZiaDaN
SZiaDaN

Back to top Go down

Post  Neki Fri Jan 23, 2009 4:31 pm

I agree with szid idea if were gonna inplamt a limit. It has to be before people reach 40-50 job, so they don'T have the choice to reset for the build they want, or they are gonna lose it.

Neki

Back to top Go down

Post  Cookie Fri Jan 23, 2009 6:12 pm

Now I understand SZiaDaN point, I agree with him study study
Cookie
Cookie

Back to top Go down

Post  Ciel Sat Jan 24, 2009 3:55 am

I vote for 3 resets per character but it depends on the rates. If they are below 4 then I prefer the maximum resets because if you guys have already played on a low rate server, you should understand how long it can be to lvlup. If the base/job exp rates are higher than 10 then I really like szia's idea.
Ciel
Ciel

Back to top Go down

Post  Azalur Sun Jan 25, 2009 11:52 am

1 reset
for a fee
@ 80/50 below

poll is rate-dependent
Azalur
Azalur

Back to top Go down

Post  GM Tempura Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:58 am

I think 75 and below should be decent, while I understand SZiaDaN's reasoning I think it's not a huge deal if players get to "fast-track" their 1st job (example a monk that levels his aco with heal bomb as opposed to punching things forever), the people will still have a lot of work ahead of them in the 75+ levels.

I once calculated and the exp requires for 97-99 is about equivalent to what you need for 1-96!

How about the fee to reset, fixed price or per level? Maybe 500k? Or if it's per level, could be 5k per base and 5k per job, so to reset both at level 75 would cost 625k!
GM Tempura
GM Tempura
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  SZiaDaN Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:03 pm

A new person would probably have a rough time gathering that money though. While I'm not a fan of resetting at all, it would just cause everyone who already have a high leveled character to be able to make most use of the resetter.

For example:
New person wants to make a monk. He levels up his monk in a heal bombing build, changed job to monk and is stuck in his heal bombing build. Now he has to gather money instead - which will take some time since all he can do is heal bomb. He has basically 1 option, and that is to heal bomb zombies and skeletons etc for opals and skull rings, or soldier skeletons for stilettos.

Old player however just transfers over 500k~ zeny to his new monk and resets it.

Thing is, a heal bombing build is only useful for a monk while he still is an acolyte. After that he's way better of as a combo monk or spirit monk.

As for forging smith, they are the ones who'll be abusing this the most. You can get up a pretty decent forging rate at level 75 if you have gear and what not.

However, I suppose I'll go for the 5k zeny per level, since that'll make it at least a bit more painful for people to just swap builds.
SZiaDaN
SZiaDaN

Back to top Go down

Post  GM Tempura Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:22 pm

True, but the fact that older player have an edge would be very hard to counter, it's the natural flow of things Razz. One thing we could do if we don't charge zeny for the reset below 75 (or maybe 70) is to have a maximum number of reset then, maybe 3 or 5.
GM Tempura
GM Tempura
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Azalur Tue Jan 27, 2009 7:47 am

GM Tempura wrote:I think 75 and below should be decent, while I understand SZiaDaN's reasoning I think it's not a huge deal if players get to "fast-track" their 1st job (example a monk that levels his aco with heal bomb as opposed to punching things forever), the people will still have a lot of work ahead of them in the 75+ levels.

I once calculated and the exp requires for 97-99 is about equivalent to what you need for 1-96!

How about the fee to reset, fixed price or per level? Maybe 500k? Or if it's per level, could be 5k per base and 5k per job, so to reset both at level 75 would cost 625k!

i agree
Azalur
Azalur

Back to top Go down

Post  GM Tempura Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:42 am

Been thinking of a new price formula to be more fair and gradual: Level ³ (so level*level*level)

At level:
10 = 10x10x10 = 1k
50 = 50x50x50 = 125k
75 = 422k

Illimited number of reset until 75, none afterwards.
GM Tempura
GM Tempura
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum